If you are interested in performing an enema at home but don’t know how to do it; here are some important tips and guidelines you may want to follow:If you are interested in performing an enema at home but don’t know how to do it; here are some important tips and guidelines you may want to follow:
• Selecting the correct enema equipment. There are different sizes and types of equipment available in the market. One of the most popular enema equipment being the rubber enema bag, you can also get the stainless steel enema bucket.
• Select the solution or ingredient you want to try in your enema. This is the point where you need to spend some time and think a little. Enema being a popular procedure there is a variety of enema solutions available to choose from. The most popular choices being coffee, lemon juice and herbal.
• Make other necessary preparations as well. There are lots of things you need to take care of before you start the process of enema.
(i) Location- If you are performing the enema for the first time, things may get a little messier. Also, make sure that you are alone when you are doing this procedure or you are doing it in a space where no one can see or disturb you.
(ii) Position- Most enema experts or physicians who perform enema recommend lying on your right side with both the legs curled up to your abdomen. This is one of the best positions which open up the rectum for an easier access.
(iii) Condition- Make sure never to use tap water. Always use filtered warm water for performing your enema session.
• Do not stress or think too much. If you want to experience all the benefits of your enema procedure make sure to just sit and relax and refrain yourself from over-thinking. There are some people who make a great fuss about it and end up not enjoying the process at all.
• Allow the enema solution to gently get inside you. Once all the solution from the enema container has been administered, hold the solution for as long as you can. The recommended time for most of the enema varies from 5-12 minutes. After the stipulated time you can go to the toilet and release the solution in the toilet.