If you are feeling constipated and looking for an effective way to detox your gut at home then enema is the answer for you. But as with any other body therapy, you need to follow certain guidelines before getting started with this colon detox.
To get the best from your enema session all you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Get the right equipment- The three main enema equipment available in the market for performing an at home enema are enema bulb, enema syringe and enema bucket. All these different types of enema equipment serve different requirements and thus you need to get one which is suitable for you. Picking the right equipment is crucial if you want to obtain the desired results.
- Find a comfortable spot- Find a warm and comfortable spot to perform your enema. Most people either do it on the floor or in the bathtub. Once you have figured out a comfortable spot, you can try out different positions as well to see which one is best suited for you.
- No need to hurry- If this is your first time you may feel a bit anxious and nervous about putting in something alien in your rectum. But it is not as scary as it looks like. While you are at it, no need to hurry. Give yourself all the time you need. Taking a warm shower before the procedure may help you release the tension and ease out a little.
- Get a lubricant- A lubricant is just as important as the enema bag in order to perform the enema. A lubricant helps in sliding in the enema nozzle easily without any friction or pain.
- Clean your equipment- Once you are done with the enema, make sure to clean all your enema equipment properly with warm water and soap to prevent the breeding of germs.
- Stay close to the bathroom- Once you administer the enema solution, it might get difficult for you to hold it for a longer duration, especially if you are a first-timer. Thus it is always better to be as close as possible to the bathroom or you can perform the procedure in your bathroom itself.