In our previous article, we discussed all about coffee enemas. In today’s article, we are going to tell you how to prepare and administer a coffee enema. Below we have mentioned the step by step procedure to prepare and administer a coffee enema at home. In our last article, we discussed all about coffee enemas. In today’s article, we are going to tell you how to prepare and administer a coffee enema. Below we have mentioned the step by step procedure to prepare and administer a coffee enema at home.
1. Boil 1-2 quarts of water on the stove top. Once the water starts boiling turn off the burner and stir in 2-4 tbsp. of ground organic coffee (depending on the quantity of water) and allow it to steep for 10-20 minutes.
2. While the coffee is steeping, prepare a comfortable space for you in the bathroom to lie down. If your bathroom does not have enough space then you can choose a room which is closest to the bathroom. Use a disposable enema sheet to make the cleaning process a little less complicated. Keep some extra towels to place under your head and knee for a comfortable enema.
3. Now set up the enema bag following the instruction manual provided with the enema kit (most of the enema kits come with an instruction manual). Make sure that the tube and nozzles are connected properly. Also, keep a small jar of petroleum jelly and a timer/watch handy.
4. Now pour the coffee through a brown paper filter into a measuring cup. Allow the coffee to cool down till the time it is warm to touch. Make sure the coffee is not hot to touch. If it is hot to touch then it is probably too hot for your colon as well.
5. Now pour 2 quarts of the coffee in the enema bag and hang the enema bag on a hook or towel rod.
6. Loosen up the pinch clamp and allow all the air in the hose to pass out and the liquid to fill up the hose until the end.
7. Now lie down on your left side and pull your knees. Now slowly insert the enema hose 4-6 inches into your colon. Make sure to apply some petroleum jelly on the colon tube and the anus for smooth penetration. At any time do not force the tube into your colon as it may lead to injury.
8. Once the tube is inside you, slowly allow the coffee to flow into your colon. Make sure to not go too fast if this is your first time or else you may get a cramp. Once the enema bag is empty, remove the colon tube from your anus.
9. Now roll over to your right side and relax. After a few minutes, if you wish, you can also lie on your back. When you are close to completing the 12 minutes you can roll back to your left side again.
10. After the completion of 12 minutes, get up and go to the toilet. Sit on the toilet seat for as long as you need to evacuate all the enema solution along with the stool.
11. Do not make any extra effort to push out the stool. Just relax and let it happen on its own.