Coconut oil is a great alternative to mineral oil for performing enema. Coconut is a natural and safer alternative to mineral oil enema.
Several studies have been done on the properties of coconut oil. Coconut oil contains small amounts of unsaturated oil but what sets it apart from other unsaturated oils is that it does not become rancid. Coconut oil has been tested at room temperature for a period of one year and showed no signs of rancidity in terms of taste or smell. Coconut oil is high in vitamin E, rich in essential fatty acids and when used regularly is said to reduce weight and lower cholesterol.
Unrefined organic coconut oil is one of the healthiest and most versatile dietary oil in the world. Unrefined coconut oil is healthy and filled with delicious aroma and coconut flavor. Coconut oil helps in maintaining healthy ratios of HDL or high-density lipoprotein known as good cholesterol as well as LDL or low-density lipoproteins known as bad cholesterol. It also helps in maintaining a healthy thyroid function.
It is also reported to have antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties. It also makes up for an amazing lubricant. Unrefined coconut oil contains lauric acid – the one also found in mother’s milk along with some other medium chain fatty acids. Unlike fat, these fatty acids do not get stored in the body and get quickly metabolized and converted into energy.
Coconut oil enema recipe
- Extra virgin coconut oil- 8 oz.
- Warm filtered water- 1 ½ quarts
The coconut oil needs to stay above 75 degrees Fahrenheit to maintain the liquid state.
Directions for performing the enema
- The best way to take a coconut oil enema is as mentioned below.
- Transfer the oil to an enema bulb syringe and fill a stainless steel enema kit or 2-quart complete rubber enema bag kit with warm filtered water.
- First, inject the enema bulb syringe into your rectum followed by the water enema.
- Retain the enema for as long as you can but not more than 15 minutes.
- Go to the toilet and evacuate the contents.
- Massage your abdomen in a clockwise direction to help the solution to move back towards the rectum.
After performing the coconut oil enema you may need to take a couple of soap suds enemas in order to get rid of all the oil.