If you are familiar with the term enema, then you probably know what a coffee enema is. But if you are new to this concept, then coffee enema is a procedure where freshly brewed coffee (at room temperature) is injected into the colon via the rectum mainly for the purpose of colon cleansing and detoxification. Coffee enema is an alternative therapy and the results are not scientifically proved and its popularity is mainly based on claims made by people who swear by it.
Pros of Coffee Enema
Based on the studies of Gerson Institute, coffee enema has a number of benefits. The coffee helps stimulate the liver to produce Glutathione S transferase which helps with the detoxification of the body. It is established that a copper enema can:
• Improves peristaltic movement by cleaning and healing the colon.
• Minimizes the toxicity levels by up to 600% and in fact, reduce inflammation.
• Help with flushing out candida and parasites.
• Reduces sluggishness and depression, and enhances mood.
• Help detoxify and repair the liver.
• Help control detox reactions caused due to fasting periods, cleansing or healing.
• Help treat chronic health conditions.
• A Natural way to treat cancer patients.
Cons of coffee enema
On the other hand, there are also some people who believe that the effect of coffee enema is baseless and the Gerson Therapy is just a sham. According to them, coffee enemas are dangerous to perform and may have some serious cons, such as:
• Anal tearing due to the insertion of enema hose.
• Chances of infection from the bacteria which might be present in the enema kit.
• Excessive use of coffee enema may result into dehydration.
• Electrolyte imbalance may also result in death.
• May cause serious harm to caffeine sensitive people and pregnant women.
• Internal burns and rectal perforation may occur if hot coffee is administered accidentally.