At some point or the other, we all find it difficult to hold in the coffee enema solution, especially when you are getting started with performing the enema sessions. On certain occasions, one may find it difficult to hold the coffee enema solution in for the entire 12-15 minutes. You may experience cramping, gas, intestinal distress or spasms which may make you run towards the toilet even before you have administered the entire.
So what are you supposed to do, if you get in a similar situation?
Well, there are some tips and tricks which may come handy when you find yourself stuck in a similar situation.
Basic tips on how to hold a coffee enema
- Make sure you are doing the procedure right. If you have prepared the coffee enema solution incorrectly or are not following the instructions as laid out, then this is what is causing you the trouble.
- Read the instruction and recall the procedure until you are certain.
- Relax and breathe deeply.
- While administering the coffee, stop the flow with the clamp as and when required, and keep on breathing during the entire process.
- Make sure the enema equipment is placed at a height of 18 inches or less, otherwise the coffee will flow in too fast. Check the height of the rubber enema bag kit before starting with the session.
- Check the temperature of the enema solution beforehand. It should neither be too hot or too cold. If the solution is too hot it may burn the internal wall of the colon and if it is too cold it may cause cramping. The temperature of the solution should always be at par with your body temperature.
- Pull your knees closer to your stomach in a fetal position.
- Place the tip of your thumb on the first knuckle of your ring finger and press it. This is a pressure point helps with easing out cramping in the lower intestine.